Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready in: 30 Minutes
Makes 12 tacos
2 pounds skinless and boneless chicken breasts
12 taco shells or soft tortillas – The Lady prefers corn tortillas; The Man prefers flour
1 tablespoon water
2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 bunch cilantro; remove stems
The Lady likes to add black beans and chopped black olives to her tacos.
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. In small bowl, combine taco seasoning, oil and water until blended. In medium bowl, combine onions and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mixture and toss until evenly coated.
3. Rub Chicken breasts with remaining taco seasoning. Grill boneless chicken breasts, turning occasionally, 15 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 170°F.
4. Grill onions in grill wok or on grill screen, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add tomatoes; grill just until heated through. (If you want to heat the taco shells/tortillas, wrap them in aluminum foil and place on grill but away from direct heat.)
5. To serve, cut chicken into strips and serve in taco shells/tortillas with onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro and cheese.