ACS BOK – Domain 9 – Bullet Points:
- Follow the ACS BOK – Domain 9 – Regulations and Regulators
- Understand what the USDA governs.
- Understand what the FDA governs.
- Understand the different areas that each governs.
- Know Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Know the basics of Food Safety Practices.
- Know HACCP steps for cheesemakers, distributors, retailers.
- Know basics of Food Code as it pertains to cheese and milk.
- Know Pasteurized Milk Ordinance.
- Know 60 days rule.
- Know definition of “Raw Milk”.
- Know regulations on Raw milk cheese.
- Understand labeling.
- Understand Cheese Grading.
- Know what must be included on imported foods.
- Understand food dating processes.
- Know basic documentation/paperwork needed for importing cheese into US.
- Know what is included on Bill of Lading.
- Understand basics of recall process: difference between voluntary and unvoluntary.
Terms to Know:
60 Day Rule AWA – Animal Welfare Approved Bill of Lading CFR CGMP Campylobacter Carbohydrates Clostridium perfrigens E. coli 0157-H7 EFA FDA Food Alliance GMP Genetic Engineering HACCP Irradiation Kosher Listeria Monocytogenes NOP – National Organic Program Non-Pathogenic Organic Pathogen Psychrotropic Salmonella Staphylococcus aureus Sustainability Trans Fat USDA Ultrafiltration Unsaturated Fats Validus
Interviews will continue throughout 2015… sometimes, they will be “stand-alone” and sometimes they will be presented as round-table discussions with several Cheese Professionals answering the same question. Those participating includeCheesemakers, ACS CCPs™, Cheesemongers and Cheese Professionals and Experts who contribute to this Wonderful World we call “Cheese”.
List of 2015 Cheese Professionals.
List of all Cheese Professionals Bios.
Please “Like” MarcellaTheCheesemonger Page on FaceBook.