The Lady brought home another wedge of the Gruyere she helped make in Wisconsin last spring (she added the rennet…) and used it with Tillamook Vintage White Extra Sharp and BelGioioso Fontina to make a fondue for The Man and her favorite Feline Foodie…
The Man swooned; I merely licked my bowl clean…
She served the fondue with cubed freshly baked French Baguette.
- 1 cup Kingfish California Chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 7 ounces Roth Kase Gruyere cheese, cubed
- 7 ounces Tillamook Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 7 ounces BelGioioso Fontina cheese, cubed
- Simmer wine in a separate saucepan.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk in flour and cook until flour is cooked, for about 5 minutes, stirring to avoid sticking and burning. The Lady uses a whisk.
- Once flour is cooked, stir in the wine slowly. Continue to use a whisk to smooth the mixture.
- Slowly add cubes of Gruyere, Cheddar, and Fontina cheeses.
- Stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cheese mixture to fondue pot.
- Keep warm over low flame.