Using Miss Anne’s Potato and Cheese Soup as her starting point, The Lady made Potato Soup with Rogue Creamery Piston Point Chipotle Cheese. The spiciness of the cheese added just the right kick to this favorite comfort food soup. Here’s what she did:
A couple slices of bacon, cooked crisp.
Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery Cultured Butter with Sea Salt or EVOO as needed.
1 Large, Sweet Onion, diced
3 Large Celery Stalks, chopped
6 Potatoes – The Lady used Yukon Golds; diced small
2 Cans of Chicken Broth
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream (No one said this was low calorie)
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup Whole Milk
8 Ounces Rogue Creamery Piston Point, shredded
Salt, Pepper and other Seasonings can be added according to your tastes. Miss Anne adds chicken bouillon for extra flavor; The Lady did not, although there’s nothing wrong with chicken bouillon; some of her favorite recipes include chicken bouillon. Miss Anne also adds frozen peas and carrots to her recipe.
- Pre-heat Soup Pot and cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Saute celery and onion in the bacon grease. (If you need more oil, add either EVOO or VBCC Butter to pot.).
- Wash and dice potatoes. Add to pot with celery and onion.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are just tender.
- Place heavy cream in container with top and add flour. Shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Add flour/cream mixture and whole milk to thicken soup. Return to simmer until desired thickness is achieved.
- Crush crisp bacon and add to soup.
- Add salt and pepper, VBBC Butter and other seasonings and optional ingredients.
- Add Rogue Creamery Pistol Point cheese (shredded).
- Clean up after yourself.