Perfect Cheese Pairings
The Lady taught a cheese training class in Portland recently and part of that training was pairing cheeses with food items.
Pairings are definitely subjective: if it tastes good together to you; then it’s a good pairing. Here are some our suggestions:
Wine: Champagne or Sparkling Wine.
Beer: Biere de Garde
2. Drunken Goat and Marcona Almonds
Beer: Pale Ale
Wine: Blended Red Wine.
4. Mon Sire Raclette with Cornichons
5. Maple Leaf Monterey Jack with Quince Paste
Beer: Amber Lager.
6. Sartori Sarvecchio Parmesan with Pinot Grigio Salami
Wine: Cabernet Sauvignon.
7. MiFroma Cave-Aged Gruyere with Fig Almond Cake
Wine: Medium Red or Dry White.
Beer: Pale Ale.
9. Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue with Oregon Growers Honeycomb.
Wine: Tawney Port.